There are numerous skin brightening techniques, however, most of them involve the use of cosmetic products. This does not allow the skin to naturally get healthier from within and makes the skin dependant on these commercial products. Sometimes, these products may cause a lasting negative effect. Instead of these cosmetic products, using natural ingredients provide better results naturally and are also much more cost effective. Some such remedies are mentioned below:
1. Aloe Vera Gel and Honey
- Aloe Vera Gel – 1 Tablespoon
- Honey – 1 Tablespoon
- In a bowl, mix the honey and aloe vera gel. Make sure that the ingredients are well combined.
- On a cleansed face, apply this mixture properly. Keep it away from the eyes and mouth region.
- Leave it on for 15-30 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Repeat this process once every night for the most effective results.
2. Gram Flour and Rosewater
- Gram Flour – 2 Tablespoons
- Rose Water – 3 Teaspoons
- In a bowl, add the gram flour and rosewater. Mix well so that a smooth paste is formed.
- Wash the face with cool water.
- Apply this mix on the face and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeat this process three times a week, preferably during night time, for the most efficient results.
3. Orange Peel and Yoghurt
- Powdered Dried Orange Peel – 1 Tablespoon
- Yoghurt – 1 Tablespoon
- In a container, mix the dried orange powder in the yoghurt.
- Make sure the ingredients are mixed well to obtain a smooth paste.
- On a washed face, apply this mix and leave it on for 20 minutes, at most.
- Rinse it off with water.
- Repeat this process twice a week preferably before going to bed.
4. Lemon Juice and Almond Oil
- Lemon Juice – 2 Teaspoons
- Almond Oil – 2 Tablespoons
- In a bowl, pour the almond oil and squeeze in the lemon juice.
- Mix it well so that the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Wash the face and then apply this mix.
- Leave this mask overnight and then rinse it off the next morning.
- Repeat this process every night for the best results.
5. Tomato and Milk
- Milk – 2 Tablespoons
- Medium-sized Tomato – 1
- Cotton Balls – 5
- Cut the tomato into big chunks and place it in a blender. Add the milk to it.
- Blitz it up to form a smooth paste. Add more milk if the paste is too thick.
- On a cleansed face, using cotton balls, apply the mix on the face.
- Let it dry up and then add another layer on top of it.
- When this dries up, add a third layer and leave it on overnight.
- Rinse it off with cold water the next morning.
- Repeat this process twice a week for the best results.
It is highly advisable to first conduct a patch test, before attempting any of the above-mentioned home remedies. In this, the same remedy can be applied on a smaller section, in smaller amounts, of the skin. This is done so as to understand whether the skin is allergic or not to any of the used ingredients.